Kissing you
Is like licking an empty ashtray;
I wonder if that sting
Means more than just the taste of ash.
What are the stains on your teeth are trying to
Tell me,
Am I more than the cigarette smoke
That darkens your breath
For a second.
Look into my eyes and ask why
They’re brown, not green; I know
I have to be like you
To enjoy the taste of the tobacco on your tongue.
And tonight,
Will I fall asleep with you smoking
Only to wake up to blue-grey ashes,
Breathless and scattered
On a street corner.
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

wow this is amazingly written! Your comparison to the kiss and the ash tray is beautiful. It's something that people don't usually think of. And the words you have chosen really brings the image to the reader =) another well done piece!
ReplyDelete