Friday, August 21, 2009

Hot Chocolate

It started snowing at midnight
As I walked down the empty streets, shivering.

The snowflakes fell along the
Half-asleep street lights,
Almost floating amidst my hollow thoughts;

I had forgotten why I am out here
Treading the frostbitten fields of insensitive civilization,
Going as the traffic lights told me to
Stopping when

The cold wind pushed against my face;
Now I remember
The same sting, and the palm of your hand.

Your voice still echoes in the vacant sky,
Finding its way around the crowded snowflakes
Just to tell me
You don’t love me anymore,

You don’t love me because
I am different;
The only black snowflake falling,
Tainting, and obscuring the white of your eyes,

They are no longer reflective,
And you can’t see that

I am still trying to reach you
Before my breath fades into the silence of December

No comments:

Post a Comment