It’s always at around 2am
when you’d go outside for a smoke,
and stare up into the night sky
to ask your questions of what is reality,
and why we matter.
And it’s at these moments I wish
I had paid better attention in physics class,
because I never really know the theories,
or the mechanics you use
to map out constellations in the space above us;
to me it’s nothing more than cigarette smoke
floating and fading into the darkness.
But today, I understand,
because I know the gravity of having to wait
ten thousand feet in the air. Because I know
how pointless it is
to plea, or race against time, who’s indifferent to love
or pain. Because I know
the physicality of a plane landing,
where the sensations of heavy metal touching down
always hits the tarmac before your heart is ready.
Because I also know
that heat does not wait for us to escape a body,
whether you are flying across an ocean
or just a train ride away.
I never knew the grief of knowing
that life is too impatient for a loving son
rushing to get home,
and I wish I were still
just lost in the beautiful universe you’ve spun
ignorantly sitting next to you.

I love It! Mr.Jesse
ReplyDelete